Steelers Go With Jarvis Jones
"Never ceases to amazes how the Steelers find physical, productive defenders." Bart Hubbuck, NY Post
A look at Jarvis:
- Jarvis is a 245 pound, 6'2" outside linebacker from the University of Georgia.
- All American first team honors (2012 season)
- He was a finalist for the Lombardi Trophy (2012 season)
- He recorded 168 tackles in his college career. Of those, 91 were solo tackles.
- He caused 9 fumbles, ninth best among NCAA players.
- He broke up five passes with one interception (2012 season)
- Averaged 1.21 QB tackles per game, second in the nation. (2012 season).
- Good speed who can turn inside to the pocket in a hurry.
- Quick bursts off the snap.
- Outstanding "chase" player who can take the play to the sideline.
- Good wrap tackler.
- Quick speed to drop into coverage.
- Needs to develop better strength for his rushes.
- Weak in hand moves. Needs to develop better and quicker spin moves.
- Slow 40 time on pro day but is much faster.
- History of spinal stenosis (stiffness in joints and numbness in neck and may cause weakness in legs) but cleared.