Steelers End Season 8-8 In Beating Browns & Avoid Losing Season
The only good news that came out of the Steelers beating the Browns 24-10 is their avoiding a losing season. Unfortunately, it gives Steeler fans very little to cheer about. This game marked only the second time the Steelers won in the last six weeks.
In the season's most meaningless game, Ben threw three touchdowns. Plaxico Burress, Antonio Brown and Leornad Pope each scored touchdowns.
- Roethlisberger threw for 134 yards. He was 15 for 23 with 3 TD's and no interceptions.
- Steelers had 17 first downs to Cleveland's 18.
- Time of Possession: Steelers edged out Cleveland 30:21 to 29:39.
- Dwyer, Redman and Mendenhall ran for a total of 97 yards.
- Steeler receiving totalled 112 yards.
One thing is certain. Steelers ownership and Coach Tomlin will have a busy off season. The team is facing an aging roster. In addition, they will be facing some salary cap issues.
Future editions of The Pittsburgh Steelers Report will cover off season discussions and plans. So make sure you come back periodically.