Browns Beat Steelers For First Time Since 2009
There's going a lot to be written about this game in the coming hours. I sense most reviews will focus on the overall sloppy play of the Steelers. All four Steelers running backs fumbled. And Charlie Batch threw three interceptions. Cleveland scored 17 or their 20 points of off Steeler turnovers. The following numbers tell the entire story:
- Steelers managed only 213 offensive yards.
- Batch was 20 for 34 for 199 yards.
- Browns edged out the Steelers in first downs 14-13.
- Steelers only rushed 37% of the time.
- Brown had a huge advantage in Time of Possession with 33:30 to Pittsburgh's 26:30.
- Rainey, Dwyer and Redman combined for a total of 43 rushing yards in 16 attempts.
- To illustrate how much the Steelers miss Roethlisberger, third down efficiency was a pathetic 11%.
Next Weeks's Game:
Sunday, Dec. 2. Steelers at Baltimore 4:25 p.m.
Fox Sports, Bleecher Report, NBC Sports