Steelers To Wear Throwback Uniforms
In celebrating the Steeler's 80th Anniversary this year, Steeler players agreed upon wearing the team's 1934 throwback uniform this week in their game against the Redskins.
Steelers-Redskins Pre-Game Report
- Four Steelers will be sitting out against the Redskins: Mendenhall, Marcus Gilbert, Brandon Johnson and Polamalu.
- Redman, at this writing, is questionable. Redman said he feels like he's ready to play. "I am ready. I want to play," said Redman earlier this week.
- Probable this week: Pouncey (knee), Chris Carter (hamstring), Dwyer (not injury related), Adrian Robinson (concussion), Shawn Suisham (ankle) and Jason Worild (illness).
- Steelers released TE Weslye Saunders this week. He served a four-game suspension for taking a banned substance.
- With Saunder's release, Steelers will be looking at moving up rookie David Paulson.
- Redskins QB, Robert Griffin III, leads the NFL with a 70.4 completion percentage. He has 13 TD's for the season while Roethlisberger sits on 11. Both QB's have 3 interceptions.
- Roethlisberger is 14-1 against NFC opponents at home.
- Roethlisberger has beaten Washington twice. However, his performances were shaky The Redskins are the only team he's not thrown a TD against.
- Steelers lead the league in 3rd down conversions at 53.8.
- Redskins have limited opponents on the ground to only 85.3 yards but have the league's worst-pass defense at 328.4 yards per game.
Polamalu NFL's Most-Liked Player
According to a recent Nielson survey, Steeler Safety Troy Polamalu was voted the NFL's Most-Liked player. Polamalu's 63% rating placed him ahead of Saint's QB Drew Brees at 62%.
Steelers.com, CBS Sports, Fox Sports, Pro Sports Daily