Steelers Edge Eagles 16-14
The Steelers should get down on their knees and thank the Good Lord Mike Vick is prone to turning the ball over---a lot. Even more disturbing for the Eagles, he's a fumble machine in the Red Zone.
Big Ben was able to come through with another winning drive converting a pair of third downs during a 64-yard drive. All that was left was for Shawn Suisham to nail a 34-yard field goal as the clock ran out. Coach Tomlin said it best: "We had the ball last...such is life."
Mendenhall had the best performance for a Steeler back this season with 101 all purpose yards.
Wallace and Brown combined for four drops with Antonio Brown's dropping one in the end zone.
It appeared Troy Polamalu aggravated a previous calf injury that kept him out of the previous two games. Woodley also left the game with an injury.
A Look At The Numbers
- Play Selection: Steelers passed 54% of the time and rushed 46%.
- Steelers again had an edge at time of possession: 33:31
- Steelers also had the edge in first downs: 22-19.
- Roethlisberger was 21/37 for 207 yards and no TD's.
- Mendenhall had 81 yards and 1 TD (101 all purpose yards)
- Redman had 41 yards.
- Antonio Brown had 7 receptions for 86 yards.
- Heath Miller had 4 receptions for 41 yards.
- Sanders had 22 yards on 3 receptions.
- Mike Wallace 17 yards on 2 receptions.
- Shawn Suisham is now 8 for 8 for the season.
- Roethlisberger is 14-1 against NFC teams at home.
- Coach Tomlin's record is now 5-1 after a bye.
Significant Stats After Four Games
- Total First Downs: 64 ranked 28th in the league.
- Total Third Down Conversions: 27 ranked 2nd
- Average Yards Per Offensive Play: 5.16 ranked 21st.(based on total offensive yards of 1048).
- Total TD's: 9 ranked 13th (8 passing TD's).
- Average Yards Per Rushing Play: 2.6 ranked 32nd.
- Average Yards Per Passing Play: 7.11, ranked 12th.
- Interceptions: 1. Ranked 26th.
- Sacks: 5 ranked 29th.
- Defensive TD's: 0 ranked 17th.
@Titans. Thursday, Oct. 11, 2012. 8:20 PM ET
Editorial Comment: Faith Hill is friggin hot!
CBS Sports, Fox Sports, Steelers.com