Steelers 19, Raven 16 And Suisham Stays Perfect (14 for 14)
Steeler fans are hoping the team is finally pulling out of its early season funk. Roethlisberger's drove the Steelers in seven plays to start a late game rally to have Shawn Suisham stay perfect with a 42-yarder to help beat Baltimore 19-16. Steelers are now 2-4.
Steelers entered the game 31st in their running attack. Rookie Le'Veon Bell changed that today with a career high 93 yards on 19 carries. His performance today was the most by a Steeler running back this season.
Just as impressive, Steelers did not leave any scoreless quarters scoring in all four--7-3-3-6.
- Steelers running game was evident with 56% of the plays rushing against 44% passing.
- Roethlisberger was 17/23 for 160 yards, one TD and no interceptions.
- As mentioned above, Le'Veon Bell managed 93 yards on 19 carries.
- Antonio Brown had 6 receptions for 50 yards.
- Cotchery 4 receptions for 41 yards.
- Heath Miller had 2 receptions for 17 yards and one TD.
- Steelers also edged out the Ravens in time of possession 31:01 vs. 28:59.
- Steelers managed 17 first downs.
- Defense had one sack by Woodley.
- Steelers 3rd-down efficiency: 58%
- Red zone efficiency: 33%
- 141 total rushing yards averaging 4.9 yards on 29 rushes.
Steelers.com, Fox Sports, Yahoo Sports