Steelers vs. Giants
Steelers open their pre-season against the NY Giants on Aug. 10. 7:30 PM. KDKA, Channel 2
- Ladies, purses are now banned at Heinz Field as well as computer bags, backpacks, diaper bags and fanny packs. Clutch bags are permitted but must not be larger than the size of a hand. The only bags permitted are clear vinyl or plastic and cannot exceed 12 by 6 by 12 inches. No coolers are permitted regardless of team logo especially Cleveland and Raven logos. Exceptions will be made for medically necessary items.
- Polamalu, 32, is entering his 11th season. He appears in great shape and trimmer than last year.
- C Cortez Allen underwent knee surgery last week. He expects to be ready for the opening game of the regular season when the Steelers face the Titans.
- Expectations are high for the Steelers offensive line with veterans returning like Pouncey, Gilbert, Foster, DeCastro and Mike Adams. However, depth continues to be a concern
- Remaining Question Marks? Steelers passing and ground game. Mike Wallace's departure as well as Heath Miller's injury adds to some concerns. According to most observers, including Steeler players, the offense will be all about running the ball. No further comment on the offense until I see some games.
- Steelers claimed TE Michael Palmer off waivers from Seattle. TE John Rabe was released to make room.
- The team also signed TE Nathan Overbay. Tackle Mike Farrell was released.
- Coach Tomlin said not to be surprised if rookie La'Veon Bell, RB, gets some snaps on Saturday.
- All four QB's are expected to play on Saturday night.