Five Players Steeler Fans Need To Watch
- Steven Sylvester: Inside Linebacker. Sylvester, third year out of Utah, will be competing with Larry Foote for the hole left by James Farrior.
- Barron Batch: Running Back. Look for Batch to fill in on third down situations. The good news is the Steelers are deep in backs with Redman, Moore, Dwyer and rookie Chris Rainey. Cuts are immenent.
- Steve McClenden: Nose Tackle. Look to McClenden going head-to-head against Ta'amu.
- Jerricho Cotchery: Wide Receiver. Will fill void left by Hines while competing with Sanders for 3 spot.
- Keenan Lewis: Conerback. Watch Lewis competing with second year corners Cortez Allen and Curtis Brown for opening left by Gay. Observers believe Lewis will fill that spot.
2012 Training Camp Schedule Posted
Steelers to report to training camp on Wednesday, July 25, 2012. The first practice open to the public is scheduled for Friday, July 27. All practices will begin at 3 p.m. Last day of camp will be August 17.
Roethlisberger Confident Wallace Will Be At Camp
"I think Mike will be there for training camp, that's my hope," Roethlisberger told ESPN last week.
Wallace has yet to sign his $2.7 million restricted free agent tender has he holds out for a long-term contract.
Youth Football Camp
Coach Mike Tomlin hosted a two-day free Youth Football Training Camp at Brashear High School in Pittsburgh on June 14 and 15. Campers were treated in visits by Steelers rookies. They all took part in teaching the 250 kids fundamental football skills. In addition, the campers participated in games and skills contest based on their ages.
"We're teaching life lessons," said Tomlin. All campers took home a Pro-Camp T and an autographed camp team photo with the Coach.
Here It Is: The Steelers New 2012 Uniform By Nike
Alliance College: Steelers Training Camp
I happen to be an alumni of Alliance College. The college was an independent, liberal arts college located in Cambridge Springs, PA. It was founded in 1912 by the Polish National Alliance. The college encouraged the study of the Polish and Eastern European languages and culture. Alliance College closed in 1988.
In addition to its outstanding legacy, Alliance College also served as training camp for the Steelers from 1947 to 1951.