Steelers Staring At Second Consecutive Losing Season
The 2013 Steelers were unable to put up a win when it was desperately needed. They still had a shot at post-season going into this game (with a win and Ravens loss---Ravens squeezed out a win with 4 seconds left in their game) yet this team was unable to pull it off.
In reality, this disappointing season has never been the year for the Steelers. The 0-4 start appeared to set the stage for a season of discontent. And while Steelers fans never give up hope as evidenced in 2005 when the 6th seed Steelers won the Super Bowl; 2013 didn't break in their favor (even after almost pulling off a miracle ending today that included multiple laterals with a call that Antonio Brown stepped out of bounds on the Miami 12 yard line).
The Numbers And Notes
- Roethisberger's 213th touchdown was a team record, surpassing Terry Bradshaw by one (Ben did it in his 10th season while it took Terry 14).
- Ben threw for 349 yards (23/39) and three touchdowns.
- Steelers rushed for 84 yards. Bell had 61 of those yards on 15 attempts.
- Antonio Brown ended the game with 137 yards on 5 receptions and one TD. Cotchery and Sanders both scored touchdowns.
- Red zone efficiency was 100% with 3rd down efficiency holding at 47%.
- Penalties-yards: 9-63.
- Steelers completed 16 first downs.
- Play selection: 65% passing/35% rushing.
Pittsburgh.com, Fox Sports, CBS Sports, Pitts. PG