Steelers Win: 26-24
Re-cap of the Steelers win over the Colts last night.
- Steelers led 14-0 by the end of the first quarter but trailed the Colts at halftime, 17-14.
- Two take-a-ways, one by Ike Taylor 49 yards for a touchdown. The other by Cortez Allen.
- No-huddle that produced a 57 yard TD by Antonio Brown.
- Ben completed 5 of 9 passes for 81 yards with on TD and one interception.
- In Red Zone, Steelers were not productive again going 0 for 3 (making the Steelers 1 for 6 in the Red Zone for the first two games).
- Charlie Batch led a 12-play drive that ended with a Hrapmann 39-yard field goal.
- Steeler QB Jarrod Johnson put the nail in the Colt's coffin ending the game with another Hrapmann field goal that was almost blocked and just barely made it over the goal post.
What Did We Learn? What Did The Players Say?
- Offense needs to become more productive when it's in the Red Zone.
- Defense still appears to be too soft.
- Offensive line still needs to harden that curtain. There is no doubt the offense is still learning Haley's new approach. Brown said after the game: "We need to get on the same page with the new offense...We're still not there yet."
- Ben needs to release the ball quicker.
- Health Miller showed us again he's a blocking monster.
- It's clear: Mike Wallace---offense needs you brother.
- Tomlin said he did see "progression" with the offense. "Obviously, we'd like to score more touchdowns than field goals but we'll take it," added Tomlin.
- Ben admitted, "We're still leaving a lot out there."
- Antonio Brown, "We are going in the right direction, but we're still no where we want to be."
Steelers at Buffalo. Saturday, August 25, 2012, 7 PM
(Sources: Steelers.com, Pro Sports Daily, Pitt. Post Gazette)